Amish made hardwood

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Glue question
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:17 pm 
New User

Question that's been bugging me the manufactures directions just states a urethane adhesive when I go to titebond or bona website they have the big pails to use a trowel with I am going to nail down and would like to use a chalking gun to spread adhesive but everywhere I look I only seethe big buckets for trowel or the messy sausage tubes why don't they sell flooring adhesive in the normal tubes while on the topic why can't I use regular construction or subfloor adhesive... I'm using 9 in wide plank engineered flooring... Thanks in advance

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Glue question
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:53 pm 
Prized Contributor

Regular construction adhesive holds very well, but wood floor adhesive needs to be able to hold and still flex with seasonal movement without braking the bond. I use sub-floor adhesive when I get close to the walls so I can finish with minimal top-nailing when too close to the wall for blind nails.
The sausage guns are practical and relatively cheap. This style of gun is bigger than the tubes for a regular caulking gun. You can get wood floor adhesive in the sausage type tubes. Sausage tubes aren't messy, in my experience.

Profile E-mail