Amish made hardwood

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Greenland Hardwood purchased through Floorus.com
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:17 pm 
New User

Does anyone have anything positive or negative to say about Greenland Hardwood floors purchased through Floorus.com? I am interested in the engineered maple hardwood product. Their prices seem too good to be true relative to other companies.

Here is the link:
https://floorus.com/HardwoodEngPro.aspx?P=ME5MPLNT

Any help or advice is apprecaited.

Thanks,
David

Profile E-mail  

Amish made hardwood

Post subject: Re: Greenland Hardwood purchased through Floorus.com
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:57 pm 
Worthy Contributor

Probably a chinese manufacturer....look up Greenland, you won't find a company site. Where do you go if you have a warranty? Also, 7 layer 1/2"...so, maybe a 1/14" veneer? It's not a refinishable floor. I always recommend avoiding purchasing online, stick to a known retailer who deals with an authorized distributor, and purchase a product from a reputable, established manufacturer.

Just for comparison sake....you can buy plenty of 5-ply, 3/8" product (with a 1/12" veneer) from known U.S. manufacturers for not much more money.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:12 pm 
Newbie Contributor

have to disagree here on online buying, if your buying a product from a quality manufacture online it`s still the same product you buy in a shop. boen,tarkett,kahrs,junkers etc all manufacture quality products and these are sold online and the quality will be the same as you buy in a shop. granted you can still buy china's finest sweat shop crap for less but you get what you pay for.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:51 pm 
New User

They bought it from China when they have collected enough order. I bought it last year. This year the laundry room has water leak damaged the floor in the next room. I came back to them they had me waited for over 3 months and the attitude was very rude and I am still waiting.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:35 pm 
Prized Contributor

The problem with buying online is that many manufacturers sell to them and your the 3rd party. They will not talk to you. The etailer has all the cards and is responsible for warranty's. If you believe they will honor the mans warranty then I got some beachfront property here in the Sonoran Desert I will sell you cheap!

IFCII Certified Inspector
Floor Repairs and Installation in Tucson, Az
http://www.tucsonazflooring.com

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:55 pm 
New User

Beware of doing business with floorus/greenland!!!
We found the link on amazon, contacted floorus for samples, which they promptly sent to us. This part of the process worked ok. We liked the Canadian maple premium solid hardwood floor, select&better, which is offered for a great price at the floorus webpage.
Therefore, we ordered it. What we received is a cheap engineered floor instead, which is not even worth a fraction of the money we paid. The difference between the sample and the main order is like day and night. We would never have bought the delivered floor.

Funny enough, the product number on the boxes is the same number as on our quotation. This strongly indicates that Greenland never intended to send us the ordered solid hardwood floor. Even more surprising, part of the labelling on all boxes was blacked out and pasted over with stickers (stickers state premium and select & better, which the floor is not; square footage per box was changed too). Finally, the samples can be paid by credit card, but they do not accept credit card for the main order. Therefore, there is no possibility to appeal the credit card transfer on fraudulent grounds.

We sent a few emails and called the company immediately. They said they have to check in the warehouse – no return call. We called again a couple of times – they did not answer the phone (knowing our number). We called from another phone - they promptly answered, and got rid of us with promises to call us back. Since then, we have not received a reply, return call, or email.

If something changes I will update the report. For the time being it looks as if this is a fraudulent company. Stay away!!!

If you want info on further incidents look at www.complaintsboard.com

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:24 pm 
Prized Contributor

davidross23 wrote:
Does anyone have anything positive or negative to say about Greenland Hardwood floors purchased through Floorus.com? I am interested in the engineered maple hardwood product. Their prices seem too good to be true relative to other companies.

Here is the link:
https://floorus.com/HardwoodEngPro.aspx?P=ME5MPLNT

Any help or advice is apprecaited.

Thanks,
David

I guess David was right about the pricing to good to be true. Thanks for the heads up.

IFCII Certified Inspector
Floor Repairs and Installation in Tucson, Az
http://www.tucsonazflooring.com

Profile E-mail