Amish made hardwood

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Hallmark floor review
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:01 pm 
New User

Quick Ref: I have been installing hardwood floors of all kinds for 15 years. I have never had a problem. Started installing hallmark engineered oak floor. First batch was extremely inconsistent so they warrantied me another batch that didn't match very well but was better than the previous. 50% first batch 50% warrantied batch was the final amount of each I put down. I had to mix and blend the best i could to keep it looking pleasant. After 3 weeks the second batch started shrinking and showing signs of cracking in the finish. First batch still looks like the day it was installed, and second shrunk up to 1/4" in length and 1/8" in width per board. They sent a company rep. when asked to. After 3 weeks of waiting, hallmark says their readings showed 27% humidity and they recommend 30%-35%, so they can not help. That is BS. I do not recommend using hallmark. DO NOT USE HALLMARK FLOOR.

Profile E-mail  

Amish made hardwood

Post subject: Re: Hallmark floor review
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:05 am 
New User

I also have had a problem with Hallmark. Installed engineered hickory product that started to peel finish at about 2 years after install. Attempted to get warranty assistance but didn't get much response. They advised me that a rep would schedule a visit, but never showed up. Had other experts look at floor who concluded this was due to faulty product. Not sure what is up with this company but customer service is poor in my opinion.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:29 am 
Prized Contributor

Tyrone, that should not happen, get a qualified hardwood inspector out there. Reps are biased and so are some inspectors. What state are you in? www.nicfi.org

IFCII Certified Inspector
Floor Repairs and Installation in Tucson, Az
http://www.tucsonazflooring.com

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:38 pm 
New User

Hey Stephen, I firmly agree it shouldn't happen also. Some info I left out:
The dealer initially agreed with me that there was a quality issue with the second batch, and then all of a sudden they agreed with hallmark. With persistence I was able to get the local dealer to reopen the claim, and continued to communicate my frustrations. Hallmark ended up sending me four boxes at no cost, after far too much effort than it should have. I will have to eat the installation cost. :( I am in Idaho. Thanks for your time to look at and respond to my post/rant.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:23 pm 
Prized Contributor

I have to say I did over 700 sqft of their engineered in one room not six months ago and the rh was hovering around 25%, didn't have any problem at all. Plus it was floated.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/13772863@N08/15661089033/

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:56 pm 
New User

I am a homeowner and installed Hallmark Heirloom Bootstrap flooring in my kitchen May of 2016. We have two dogs(boxers) which have totally destroyed the flooring. Deep scratches from toenails. There are literally hundreds of these deep scratches in the flooring. I dremel sand toenails weekly but does't help. Contacted company and had floor inspected and received form letter stating Yes our floors scratch. Had Bruce flooring for 24 years in same kitchen which looked better than what we have now. Had to replace due to radiant heat water issue. I would never buy this floor or any other Hallmark product. Wish someone would have made a post like this about the dogs issue before I wasted my money. Will be placing floor again in 2017.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:43 am 
Prized Contributor

Yup, no one warranties wood floors against scratching. Was this Hallmark the same species and finish as the Bruce floor?

Profile E-mail