Amish made hardwood

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Has anyone reviewed Hallmark Hardwood Floors?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:06 am 
New User

There were lots of manufacturers listed and reviewed on this website, but I didn't see Hallmark Floors. In fact, of the people I know with hardwood floors (not a lot) I don't know anyone who's used Hallmark. Does anyone have experience with their engineered hardwood? I'm trying to choose between Garrison Deluxe and Hallmark Vintage

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Has anyone reviewed Hallmark Hardwood Floors?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:31 am 
Prized Contributor

I've installed a couple Hallmark handscraped jobs in the last 6 months. One was their entry level quality. Both qualities were milled up very good, and seemed to have a tough finish. All in all was happy with the product. It's been too many years since I installed Garrison, I couldn't say.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:20 pm 
Newbie Contributor

Cris first I'd mention that http://hallmarkhardwoods.com/home.php is a corporate cousin to my company and is widely respected and nationally in use. However, like all good things there are counterfeits. This website http://www.hallmarkwoodfloor.com/ is from a company that has been working hard to piggyback on the good name that Hallmark has developed for themselves over the years. This product is NOT the same. Please make sure if you are looking for Hallmark Hardwoods product that you get the real thing.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:04 pm 
New User

Chris, Sam is right. I know this is an old post, but I have to bring you an update on this topic. There were companies cope-catting Hallmark Hardwoods, so be careful. Hallmark Hardwoods is now under Hallmark Floors Inc. http://hallmarkfloors.com/ Check out our web site to find out the truth or call us.

Hallmark has not ever made a product called Hallmark Vintage. We will also be at Surfaces 2013 #7635, if you want to check out our new collections and finishes for yourself.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:15 am 
New User

My experience with Hallmark engineered hardwood has been very disappointing. We installed Moderno Silver Creek on about 2000 sq ft of floor. The flooring was properly acclimatized prior to installation, and installed by an authorized dealer. We live in a moderate climate (Folsom, CA). Within the first 2 weeks multiple planks had started to delaminate. They were replaced, and we were told by Hallmark that "it happens sometimes" but shouldn't be an ongoing problem. Now, about 10 months later more planks have delaminated. I rue the day I selected this floor.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:23 pm 
Site Admin

All products can have their bad days. Could have been a "glue-up" run that missed critical inspection points. Inexperienced guys thrown to the wolves on the line etc. Nice to see Hallmark stepping up to the plate, but I do know it can be disheartening.

See how our engineered floors are made in the USA with slower production speed that results in a higher quality made floor.

Videos on the right side of the page.

http://www.uptownfloors.com/faq.htm

Uptown was created by your administrator, offering my high quality 3/4" engineered floors made in the USA. Unfinished and prefinished.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:50 pm 
New User

Greetings, We purchased Hallmark engineered flooring for our adjoining kitchen and sunroom renovation project. The wholesaler delivered the order that consisting of 2 lot #'s to retailer. Neither we nor the retailer realized there could be such a color variation even though the labels both identified the product as "Pearl".

The installer did not inspect the materials or lay out the floor prior to nailing down the flooring in the kitchen. Nor did he stop installation when boards from the 2nd lot # were of a much different/darker color. Half of the room was absolutely perfect and beautiful. Boards from the 2nd lot were interspersed with the desired product resulting in a schizoid look in the remaining half of the room.

Over the course of 5 weeks the retailer ordered 4 boxes 3 additional times in an attempt for us to fix the bad half of the room. None of the product in the 3 subsequent deliveries came close to the product in the desired color. We had to remove entire floor and start over with another manufacturer.

After seeing photographs of the installed floor a manager from the retailer's headquarters agreed with me that we had a valid claim with Hallmark. Due to the wide variation in color it was impossible to complete the project successfully despite 3 attempts to obtain materials that matched what we selected from the sample in their showroom.

Hallmark immediately denied the claim for a quarter of the costs of the materials stating "installation is acceptance."

The installer's boss is working with us as he's embarrassed his employee didn't stop working when it was apparent the boards didn't match. He's since found a similar product with a different manufacturer. He told us that he's never experienced such a color variation in lot #'s despite being in the flooring business over 30 years.

Just a warning to every homeowner and contractor.....Make sure Lot #'s match.

If they don't then open every box before one board is installed.

Not doing this cost us $1300 and set the project back at least 8 weeks.

The only thing keeping us sane is that my husband kept the counter section with the sink intact allowing him to reset it on two cabinets from the existing kitchen. He's disconnected / reconnected the plumbing more than a dozen times during the course of the reno that started in early July!

The retailer is just as disappointed with Hallmark as we are, and the store manager apologized profusely for the lousy experience we had with Hallmark.

I assured him that we did not hold him or his co. responsible and would likely return for future projects - but would steer clear of Hallmark products. Marie S.

Profile E-mail