Amish made hardwood

It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 7:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Has my contractor lost the plot ?
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 1:52 am 
New User

Hi All

I have had 200 square metres of new floor put into my log home and as such thought it best and safest to take advice, knowledge and expertise of a flooring contractor to finish the floor. Before this I investigated many many floor finishes and finally decided on an oil finish using Bona products namely Carls 90. I also wanted to apply a light stain first.

He has done a sample piece and we are awaiting the oils to arrive.

To this, I am very concerned how he has applied the stain and the oil on the sample.

According to the manufacturer both the stain and the oil should be hand applied with the rubber tool and basically spread over the whole floor, then buff after 24 hours.

The contractor, which I suppose is standard practice for some floor applications, placed the stain in the central hole of the buffing machine pad and then spread the stain with the buffer. He then did exactly the same for the oil, placing it in the middle of the buffer and then applying via the buffing machine.

Should it be applied as per Bona's recommendations or is the correct means of applying for contractors doing large floor areas ?

Help ! He is due back Tuesday to finish the job and if this is wrong and will cause problems I could do with knowing now so I can put a stop to it.

Many Thanks

Brian