Amish made hardwood

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Have you tried Loba Intensive stain or Loba products in gene
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:24 am 
Valued Contributor

Hi guys . Loba flooring products are here in Connecticut now and I'm about to use their intensive color , which is a stain , for the first time along with their finish . Just curious if you have tried their products and what you think .

Profile E-mail  

Amish made hardwood

Post subject: Re: Have you tried Loba Intensive stain or Loba products in gene
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:49 am 
Valued Contributor

Update:
I sanded a job and used the Bona Intensive color provincial stain/primer . Basically, I was disappointed in the product for a few reasons. The first is that it is not at all easy to work with . It is very ,very thick like a gel stain and in comparison , staining with duraseal goes a lot faster with less headaches .

The instructions are to mix the hardener that comes with the intensive color and then apply to floor by using a microfiber roller .After about 45 minutes , you use their proprietary brown pad under your buffer to remove excess material.

I found that it takes forever to even spread this stuff onto the floor with a roller .I can spread duraseal stain faster by hand than I can spread intensive color with a roller . After you spread the intensive color with a roller and wait , the stain basically evens itself out and looks pretty good .

But then when I put a brown pad on the floor to remove excess, it loaded up immediately and started flinging material around the floor .And I rolled the intensive color as thin as I possibly could and was pretty much on target with recommended spread rate .

In the end , I had to use a microfiber lambswool and terry towels to remove excess because the brown pad was useless .The stain itself looks perfect but it was far more work and far more complicated than just using duraseal stain.I wont be using it again . Waste of my time and energy to get the same result I could have gotten with duraseal and my normal technique .

Profile E-mail