Amish made hardwood

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Help a newbie - new hardwood floors in SF Bay area
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:34 am 
New User

I just bought a 3000 square foot home in San Francisco Bay Area, specifically in San Ramon, CA. Planning to "hardwood" most of the house, leaving kitchen, bathroom, stairs, as is. I estimate we replace/install around 2000 square feet of flooring.

I have spent some time in various stores and online reviewing my choices. It's been overwhelming to say the least. Many choices of wood, various widths and thickness of the boards, engineered versus real wood, etc.

Can the "experts" here particular flooring brands or for those living in the San Francisco area, recommend particular stores? We are going for engineered flooring for the bottom levels (concrete), and real hardwood for the 2nd floor.

My budget is modest, at most $8-9 per square foot. We are going to stay with lighter/medium colors, smooth finish, and looking into materials such as oak, hickory, mahogany, teak, etc.

We have 3 toddlers so we are looking at flooring that would be resistant to wear and tear.

Profile E-mail  

Amish made hardwood

Post subject: Re: Help a newbie - new hardwood floors in SF Bay area
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:31 am 
Prized Contributor

Are you wanting prefinished or site finished? I used to live in Dublin. Love that area.
Prefinished, I'd send you to your local Prosource. You can use my company name to get in. Tell them I'm your consultant.
WD Flooring makes some awesome hardwood with an all natural hard wax oil called Rubio Monocoat. They may carry it there, not all Prosource stores carry the same thing.

IFCII Certified Inspector
Floor Repairs and Installation in Tucson, Az
http://www.tucsonazflooring.com

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Help a newbie - new hardwood floors in SF Bay area
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:40 pm 
New User

Thanks Stephen. Yes, very close to Dublin, San Ramon in fact! I have narrowed my choice to the Homerwood brand/line...

I went to the website for wdflooring...WOW. Most likely out of my price range, but exactly what I am looking for. Sigh.

Profile E-mail