Amish made hardwood

It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 7:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: my experience with bamboo
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:25 am 
New User

I recenctly installed 1500 square feet of vertical grain natural bamboo in my home.I could not be more happy with it as far a abuse goes. I have two older dogs both have slipped and slided all over it. One other thing I noticed was when I was putting it down I dropped an occasional tool with little or no marks.Another thing this time of year in new england is the sand getting tracked in. I now have runners in key areas but when we moved in it was covered in dirt. It all came up with no scratches.Do your resaerch get some samples like I did and test them yourself.I got about 10 samples from different places and did all sorts of abuse tests on them. I have to admit the shipping was cheap but it took a while to get to me in CT.Dont forget when most deliveries come they wont pull a 48 foot tractor trailer dowm your driveway....thank god for my pick up and hand cart!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:53 pm 
Semi Newbie Contributor

Soupster,
I've heard a few such stories before, but also many unlike yours.
As described, consistency is one of the biggest issues we've run into with Bamboo. If you could tell us the manufacturer you used (and who supplied it), we may be able to get a clearer picture of this company's worth.
Another good Bamboo option would always be appreciated.