Amish made hardwood

It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 4:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: how to fix released glue on engineered floor
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:26 am 
New User

Greetings. My client has an existing glued-down engineered floor with spots where the glue has released, making the floor flex. Another contractor injected glue to fix this problem in the past. That repair worked, but the problem has recurred in new spots.

I've never done the injection process. How is it done? What special tools are needed? Where can I read about it?

By the way, is injecting glue the best solution?

Thanks,
Steve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:24 pm 
New User

I have the same problem and although our home did not flood we have some damage around front door and fireplace where water got in from wind blown and roof damage that I am considering refinishing. Fortunately my brother is a craftsman, although not floor refinisher and I have convinced him to fly here from Michigan to help me on this project. We have about 850 sf to refinish so I'm trying to do some research. Have a month to complete and then about 8days to do the job. There are three or four similar spots in our house and someone has mentioned this "injection" process but I have not seen details on it. Please keep me informed as to what you learn.
Thanks

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:33 pm 
Most Valuable Contributor

Pleae Read:
http://www.hardwoodinstaller.com/hardwo ... epairs.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:50 pm 
New User

Thanks for the input. I'll be using the Bostik injection gun with 7575 epoxy. A local flooring shop will loan me the gun and sell me a cartridge for $5.00. A mixing spout runs another couple of dollars. The gun is a little over $50.00, so I'll be happy to rent it.

Their process:
* Drill a 1/8" hole near the middle of the void. Pick a dark spot to hide the hole.
* Slowly inject the epoxy until resistance is felt. The spout automatically mixes the two parts.
* Gently stand on the void to distribute the epoxy. When the adhesive starts to come out the injection hole, decrease the pressure to make it go back in.
* Stand on the spot for about five minutes while the epoxy sets.
* Put a bucket full of water or sand on the spot for a couple of hours.
* Fill the hole with wood putty.