Amish made hardwood

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: How do i get certified
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:51 pm 
New User

Hi friends
This is my frist post on this forum, hope you guys would be kind enough to point me in the right directions. I've done hardwood a couple of times and it interest me when i look online and see all the different applications you can do with it and my questions to you guys is: how do you get certified for installation and sanding?
I'm from canada and the only thing i find online is the NWFA and they only hold classes in the states. I really would like to learn the tricks of the trade first hand from some pro's and get certified hopefully learn aas much as I can in a couple of weeks or months. Im wondering if I should just get a couple of books...
Just wondering if you guys had some ideas

Thank you all for reading

Profile E-mail  

Amish made hardwood

Post subject: Re: How do i get certified
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:50 am 
Newbie Contributor

Where are you from in Canada. I am from Nova Scotia. The NWFA school was fantastic and paid for itself over and over. The reference manual themselves are worth hundreds of dollars more than I would ever pay for them. It cost me about 2 grand with travel, course and membership. I looked at it like a weeks holiday where I was learning. A holiday can be anything you wish it to be. I don't like getting sunburned and drinking for a week. I also attended a course for Basic Coatings application.
What I did learn was the proper ways and procedures to do things. I don't waste money, know who to contact with questions and I have a reference manual.
There are no cheap ways to education but the NWFA is probably the most valuable and cost effective way to learn in this business.

Profile E-mail