Amish made hardwood

It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 9:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: How do i get glued tar paper off of old hardwood floor HELP
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:06 pm 
New User

HI , I am a single mother with not much money and I have tried everything :cry: heat gun , scrapers , mineral spirits , adhesive remover , vinegar, can there be any easier way then weeks of endless scrapeing to get this tar paper off of the old flooring ?any :idea: would be ver appreciated , u can even email me at goldenheart226@yahoo.com with any help u might be able to give me ,, thanks , rachel

HI there i am currently(trying to restore my OLD , hardwood , i NEED HELP!!I cant get the tar paper (the paper underneith the linoleum )what can i use without hurting the floors , and my familly ,pets?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:36 pm 
Prized Contributor

The professional sand & finish guys and gals, would have busted out the sander, and a coarse git paper, changing paper as soon as it gums up.

Post subject: thanks
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:01 pm 
New User

Floorguy wrote:
The professional sand & finish guys and gals, would have busted out the sander, and a coarse git paper, changing paper as soon as it gums up.
tried that it took me half hr to get an area about 1 square ft done , and three pieces of sand paper , there is no way i can afford that

HI there i am currently(trying to restore my OLD , hardwood , i NEED HELP!!I cant get the tar paper (the paper underneith the linoleum )what can i use without hurting the floors , and my familly ,pets?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: thanks
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:50 pm 
New User

goldenheart226 wrote:
Floorguy wrote:
tried that it took me half hr to get an area about 1 square ft done , and three pieces of sand paper , there is no way i can afford that
let alone renting the machine for twelve hrs is 60 dollars , and i have 1500 suare feet that needs to have that stuff taken off of it , then resanded

Profile E-mail