Amish made hardwood

It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 3:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: 4 inches of slope in about 10 feet on HWFL!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:41 pm 
New User

Hi all,

I bought a property that had a cheap thin Pergo-type floor already installed. The front of the home has obviously settled over the years and there is a nearly 4 inch slope in the floors in some places. The Pergo floor is also spongy all over, which I know now is due to a bad install, but I'm wondering if there is any way that I can secure a couple of the spongier patches. Any ideas?

Until I can get the floor fixed, I wondered if I could just try some thin nails, but it seems to me that they will be pretty ugly.

I thought of having the floors leveled but was surprised how much it would cost, over a thousand dollars. The contractors did give me a good idea of how much work was involved, though. I have a finished basement (just finished) and hardwood floors that would need to be leveled with plywood or something before I could have them re-carpeted (the living room has the Pergo, but it is leveled enough that I probably would wait to change it--maybe an inch of slope. The two front bedrooms have the 4 inch slope.)

Appreciate your help.

Amish made hardwood

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:57 pm 
Prized Contributor

pergo is made to "float" attaching it to the subfloor is a bad idea. If it's starting to lift then it's possible that it is run tight to a wall or door case some where. Look around floating floors require expansion around the perimiter and between non-moving verticle items(like walls).

www.HeartlandHardwoodFlooring.com

Profile E-mail