Amish made hardwood

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Installer left chipped boards and gaps. Your thoughts?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:08 am 
New User

Hey everyone.

Thank you in advance for taking the time t read this. This was quite an expense for me and ultimately I'm not happy with the work they conducted. I'm sort of puzzled here so I wanted to reach out to some experts to get their thoughts.

About a week ago, I had about 850 square feet of engineered wood floor installed on top of my "soft" concrete subfloor. I say soft as it's a second story so I think the concrete is quite thin compared to a normal foundation.

Anyway, after inspecting it (without the installer present), I see that he caused quite a few gashes and chips out of my wood. Additionally, I noticed some serious spacing issues on both the top/bottom and sides of the boards. The spacing is so bad on some of them that I can drop a dime in the crack no problem.

I've included a link with the pictures. What are your thoughts? I'm not happy with this as the gashes and chips are obvious eyesores and the gaps between the boards really pop out at you at certain angles.

How would these things normally be fixed? Thanks for your help!

Link for photos: http://imgur.com/a/4AkJb

Profile E-mail  

Amish made hardwood

Post subject: Re: Installer left chipped boards and gaps. Your thoughts?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:00 am 
Site Admin

I wonder if part of it has to do with bad milling, even the end joints. Maybe they didn't fit snug. Most guys know how to install a floor tight unless it's a handyman or carpet store installer. Any dark stain will hide that stuff. As far as installer caused damage. Well...it happens, but not with the good ones.

Uptown was created by your administrator, offering my high quality 3/4" engineered floors made in the USA. Unfinished and prefinished.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Installer left chipped boards and gaps. Your thoughts?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:23 pm 
New User

Thanks. I get it, but why would there be so many chips? Either the boards we're chipped before he chose to install them, or he did the damage afterwards.

Profile E-mail