Amish made hardwood

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Installion Question / Help
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:54 am 
New User

Installing engineered flooring, my plan was to install from left to right perpendicular to the floor joists but the when I set my first plank the tongue will be facing the wall but the grove side that connects to the second plank is facing the other wall and would have to be cut . My only thought is I would have to begin right to left parallel with the floor joist , starting from the longest wall working to the back door so when you enter the back door the and enter the kitchen from the living room the floor is running parallel to your line of sight . A lot more cuts will be have to made but the way this manufacturing hardwood is set up I don’t see another way , if I go with the original plan the grove will be cut off on the short side of the plank and the second plank will have to slide under the first lifted at your angle to get into the grove just seems like the opposite way . Any thoughts or suggestions. Thanks

Profile E-mail  

Amish made hardwood

Post subject: Re: Installion Question / Help
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:19 pm 
Prized Contributor

Run the flooring in the long direction of the room to have the least number of cuts.It should not make a difference which end of the room you start on with T&G engineered. Slide the new board in from the side. Laminate flooring and some engineered flooring will require a different technique to get the ends to click together.

Profile E-mail