Amish made hardwood

It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 8:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Jobsite radios
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:23 am 
New User

Hello,
Not a flooring question, but I'm looking into a new radio and I was looking for some feedback on the Bosch and Milwuakee jobsite radios! How good is the sound, reception, etc.? Thanks!

Amish made hardwood

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:18 am 
Most Valuable Contributor

Huh? What did you say? I can't hear you over my compressor and saw and the tile setter's radio set on a spanish music station. I think I need ear muffs! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 5:54 am 
The Music is in the Nailer , Nothing like the sound of money being made ..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:15 am 
Worthy Contributor

Hold on while I ajust the station tuninig on my Hummel!!!

The edger seems to need a new tweeter.

Guess you want to hear From a nice quiet installation crew. I'm mostly a dust eater ... we're like the artillery in the Army ... :shock:

Seriously - Headphones are the way to go to block out other job site radios and enjoy Rush, Shawn and Glenn without distraction. You'll be back on top of getting the information needed during your work day to combat the forces of evil trying to destroy America as we love it. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Just be careful with the phones while your sanding, takes some getting used to. I'm amazed at how much of floor sanding is in hearing the machines.

I wear the ones found at Home depot in the safety section. Not the greatest reception but I got used to them. Not loud enough to rock out to either if that's what you're into.

I'm checking out the possibility of an ipod as well. Even been checking out the small personal Sirius or XM radio stuff to. Walking back nd forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and ... you get the picture ... gets old without tunes or talk shows.

Have fun,

In order to achieve what the competition cannot grasp, we must complete what they will not attempt. Nobody ever said it would be easy, but it's darn sure worth it.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:47 am 
Most Valuable Contributor

I used to try to use a headset while sanding, to listen to Mozart and Chopin. Just kidding. I like all kinds of music except crap; or is it called rap? I don't know, that gangster music. Ugh! :x Anyway, I had to turn the music up so loud to hear it over the sander that it was hurting my ears. So now I just use my noise suppression hearing protecters that I use on the firing range.