Amish made hardwood

It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 6:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Just touch it up?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:17 pm 
New User

I just bought a house with the 1950s wood floors. The house was completely remodeled 8 years ago. They did a beautiful job on the floors.

5 years ago the house changed hands. And it came into the possession of the people that I am buying it from. They were very tidy people but they didn't seem to understand about preventive maintenance. As a result the floors are in excellent condition but a little bit dull.

Given that I have an empty house on my hands with no furniture or any other possessions, I thought I would use this opportunity to clean up the floors is a little bit.

The floors are an excellent condition so I don't think I have to sand them down and I just think it's time for another layer of something.

There is only about 800 ft.² square feet of wood. I don't mind doing sanding work but I would rather get on with the 58 other projects my wife has in mind.

What would you guys suggest I finished it with–– I keep hearing Bona HD.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Just touch it up?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:18 pm 
Prized Contributor

Not knowing what finish or floor care products used or method of cleaning/cleaning products I think that the Basic Coatings floor re-coating system is the most sure thing for adhering another coat of finish. Intensive floor treatment, squeaky clean and a coat of the 2 part finish they sell.

Profile E-mail