Amish made hardwood

It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 4:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Kahrs locking hardwoods
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:05 pm 
New User

Any comments on Kahrs locking hardwood? I like their styles and lines. Then again, I am only looking on the computer.

It's a Swiss based and run company that makes their product in Sweden? All of their products from Sweden? I went on their web site (US/Canada version) and didn't see a link that listed stores that carry Kahrs by city/state, etc. How do I go about getting my hands on their wood and seeing how it locks?

If you have any experience installing this product, please give me your feedback. Thanks!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Kahrs locking hardwoods
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:28 am 
Prized Contributor

If you are in Canada, the distributor is W.G. Mcmahon. They dont sell to the public but can give you a list of dealers in your neighbourhood.
The Kahr's product, in my estimation is one of the best available, but is quite costly and sometimes hard to get in timely fashion.

Post subject: Re: Kahrs locking hardwoods
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:49 am 
Site Admin

http://www.kahrs.com/us/Consumer/Dealer ... ealer.aspx

Rarely you'll see complaints on their products. In fact a rep I dealt with in the past claimed to have the lowest product quality claims per sale ratio. I agreed. There has been a shift towards manufacturing here in the USA recently. Not sure how that's working out. Some products that don't sell were always hard to get. I don't think you'll have problems with the three strip naturals (excluding some exotics) and stained products, along with Castle & Cottage, but that can vary on where you live and what the distributor keeps in their inventory.

Uptown was created by your administrator, offering my high quality 3/4" engineered floors made in the USA. Unfinished and prefinished.

Profile E-mail