Amish made hardwood

It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 9:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Large gaps at fireplace and doors
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:31 am 
New User

We had Bruce Coastal Woodlands installed, it was floated. THe problem is that the installers have walked away without finishing the job a dispute with the company that hired them. They have left a large gap around the fireplace it is anywhere from an half inch to a inch and half . THey also left an inch and a quarter gap at the french door and uneven half inch at the front door. This I is a mess and I was wondering if you guys could give me any ideas on what should be done none of the standard trim pieces seem to fit. I want to be prepared for what needs to be done when I sit down with this company and not just go along with what they say. Thank you for any info you can give me.

Amish made hardwood

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:29 am 
Prized Contributor

Should be able to get them to finish if they want to get paid in full. Sounds like it was done through a retailer and thats who should complete the job, shurley they have more than one crew capable of completing the work. Coastal woodlands has it's own type of cordianting mouldings, shouldnt be a problem to obtain them( wont be cheap) mouldings are overpriced imo.

www.HeartlandHardwoodFlooring.com

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:30 pm 
New User

Was wondering how hard it would be to take out the boards that are cut wrong and replace them? It has now been 12 weeks and it looks like none of the other installers want to try to fix the mess. We are to the point where we will try to find someone ourselves. The trim pieces won't cover the gaps. I just want to know if this means tearing it all out and starting over. Thanks for any advice.
Carlene

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:18 pm 
Prized Contributor

It isn't physically hard to remove planks. It may be easier to come back to a full row, instead of trying to clean out a stagger. If you have no Idea what your doing, it may be mentally hard & stressfull.