Amish made hardwood

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Lauzon SqEdge Exclusive 3.5"or Mirage Exclusive 3 5/16 eased
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:43 pm 
New User

Which of these would be better:

Lauzon Square Edge Exclusive Northern Next Step 3.5" or Mirage Natural Red Oak Exclusive 3 5/16 eased edge

I eliminated the 2 others thanks to the feedbacl I got. How about these 2?

Thankls again

Profile E-mail  

Amish made hardwood

Post subject: Re: Lauzon SqEdge Exclusive 3.5"or Mirage Exclusive 3 5/16 eased
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:53 pm 
Valued Contributor

they are both top notch products. So it depends on if you like bevels or not.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:41 pm 
New User

jeff burstein wrote:
they are both top notch products. So it depends on if you like bevels or not.

I appreciate your comments and any others that can help me sort this out. I read comments like these from another website & all it does is confuse me:

"Square edge Hardwood flooring has no beveled edges, the top surface edges of each wood plank or wood strip are milled square. The disadvantage of square edges is that if the subfloor is not perfectly flat, or if a particular floorboard has a slight difference in thickness, you may or may not feel the edge of a board when walking on it with stockings or bare feet.

To avoid the these issues, manufacturers offer their prefinished wood flooring with varying degrees of a Bevel edge to eliminate the sharpness of the square edge milling. These bevels and micro bevels allow for minor discrepancies in thickness and ensure a more flat looking finished floor. The smallest bevel available is called a Micron-bevel. Muskoka Prefinished Hardwood flooring is famous for their near perfect milling and their beveling is so tiny that it could almost be considered a square edge. Some consumers feel as though floors with bevels will be harder to clean, The smaller micro-micron bevels are too small to trap dirt and other particles."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:20 am 
Site Admin

Oh my, I forgot about Muskoka. Absolutely true!

You found a good source. Hoskinghardwood.com. Cheaper priced square edge products can also cause some sock catching.

I may have a writeup too. Let me see. Not much about engineered but may help.

http://www.hardwoodinstaller.com/hardwo ... /types.htm

another

http://www.hardwoodinstaller.com/hardwo ... neered.htm

You probably never saw these if you were using Google :shock: It does provide some basics that online dealers won't tell you.

Uptown was created by your administrator, offering my high quality 3/4" engineered floors made in the USA. Unfinished and prefinished.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:43 pm 
New User

Appreciate the assistance. Is one more favorable than the other with the heat/humidity of Florida? Does the bevel really have an advantage in more humid clients as stated? We have a humidistat and keep it at 58-60%

Thanks again

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:14 pm 
Site Admin

Sarasota:

I think you're getting too deep. I've never heard any discussion about such for Florida and we're looking at engineered still, aren't we? There should be no seasonal gapping with either square edge or micro bevel with the products you're looking at. Solid hardwood, yes, under some circumstances. But I get the impression you're not the type that lives in a cracker house without air conditioning.

You're on the right track. I know the selection process can be overwhelming, but I see you looking too far into it.

Uptown was created by your administrator, offering my high quality 3/4" engineered floors made in the USA. Unfinished and prefinished.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:12 pm 
New User

Now that I've narrowed the floor down I am having trouble deciding between:

Select & Better
Selection of more uniform wood grain with slight variations in natural shading.

Exclusive
As found in nature. A complete species color and character range in a proportion approximately equivalent to 75% Select and Better grade and 25% Traditional grade.

Traditional
Selection of wood with a strong variation in color and natural character as well

Is there any advantage or disadvantage of one over the other ? It is hard to tell when the floor people show you just one square board :(

Thanks for any thoughts or tips with regard to thesed different options

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:32 pm 
New User

I'm still having issues deciding

Now that I've narrowed the floor down I am having trouble deciding between, any suggestions appreciated:

Select & BetterSelection of more uniform wood grain with slight variations in natural shading.

Exclusive
As found in nature. A complete species color and character range in a proportion approximately equivalent to 75% Select and Better grade and 25% Traditional grade.

Traditional Selection of wood with a strong variation in color and natural character as well

Is there any advantage or disadvantage of one over the other ? It is hard to tell when the floor people show you just one square board

Thanks for any thoughts or tips with regard to thesed different options

Profile E-mail