Amish made hardwood

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Local Product Price List
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:05 pm 
Newbie Contributor

Hi,

I got this from one of the local mills. It's a listing of their inventory and pricing. How does it look? Image
This is from their website: Our flooring is ¾" thick, tongue and grooved on the sides and end matched. All lengths are random with the grade determining the minimum number of pieces per bundle. All grades are manufactured from plainsawn lumber; quartersawn and riftsawn characteristics will sometimes be found in this lumber. Our lumber comes from the Ozark and Boston Mountains in Northwest Arkansas where the climate and growing conditions are very similar to the Appalachian Mountains. We dry kiln our lumber to a moisture content of 6%-9%.

They're about 2 hours away but don't deliver. Doesn't seem outside the realm of possibility that we could go pick it up. I think we'd shoot for around 750 sq ft.

Round numbers how much do you think it would cost to have it installed?

Thanks (again), Lara

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Local Product Price List
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:42 am 
Prized Contributor

Those are wholesale market prices, if they sell you at those costs on cut orders you have found an excellent deal. Thats what most distributors are paying buying it by the truckload.

www.HeartlandHardwoodFlooring.com

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Local Product Price List
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:35 pm 
Newbie Contributor

I sent them an email from my personal account saying we'd be doing the floors in our home and how much flooring we would need (680 plus the suggested overage). Mentioned about the kids and dogs etc - pretty much what I said here (although in much shorter form). Asked if he could send me information about his flooring products. Actually heard back from the president. We exchanged 3-4 emails, he knows I'm an individual and not a distributor (He even suggested I could get a Uhaul to come get it to save significant freight charges).

I've found another mill in the area that only sells oak flooring but their prices are in line with the oak products shown on this company's chart.

How much should installation cost?

Profile E-mail