Amish made hardwood

It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 8:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Looking for contractor to install bloodwood in SF bay area
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:30 pm 
New User

Hi there:
First of all, just came across this message board and so thankful for the lots of information. :D

We are renovating our house and came across a specific hardwood flooring that we really like at Lumber Liquidators in Albany, CA. The hardwood flooring is called “bloodwood” and said to come from Brazil. Our regular contractor is not familiar with installing this typical hardwood flooring. We heard that this type of wood is hard and dry, many installers who are not familiar with this type of wood might have problems. :(

We are wondering if anyone might be able to refer us to other installer in the area who is familiar with 'bloodwood' and could install these floorings for us.
We would try the contractors listed by NWFA but would appreciate any input, insights, recommendations on this particular flooring.

Thank you!

PS: The area that we are trying to install is 300 sq feet (living, dining, hallway area). Currently the area is covered in carpet with good dry condition wood sub-floor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 5:37 pm 
Worthy Contributor

You'll like bloodwood. It holds its color way better than Padaouk.(Stays red instead of brown) Maybe you can have this guy e-mail Gary to ask for some pointers. I don't know Gary personally but he has a ton of posts and seems well acquainted with exotics. He may even be in your area. I'm sure he's in Cali. but I don't know north or south. :?

Lots of Luck!! I'm to far away to travel for 300ft .... 3,500 ft. however .... 8) I could justify that reeeeeel quick ... Take Care .

In order to achieve what the competition cannot grasp, we must complete what they will not attempt. Nobody ever said it would be easy, but it's darn sure worth it.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 6:17 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Lumber Liquidators

I have an idea when Gary sees that-- the answer may be no. Although it would be nice to get an update on the LL quality--most recent reports show the quality is not getting any better. Poor Bob Vila--if he only knew or cared.

Oh geez--I looked at 3,500 sf not 300.

Uptown was created by your administrator, offering my high quality 3/4" engineered floors made in the USA. Unfinished and prefinished.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:16 pm 
Worthy Contributor

:o I just noticed the LL too ..... doooh!

You're probly right. Some of us would rather take a beating before installing wet spaghetti .... :oops:

In order to achieve what the competition cannot grasp, we must complete what they will not attempt. Nobody ever said it would be easy, but it's darn sure worth it.

Profile E-mail