Amish made hardwood

It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 3:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: looking for some engineered advice
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:41 pm 
New User

Im a GC in NJ and have done lots of pre finished thru the years. Just closing on a house w wife (newly married) and its a complete redo but price was right. 2000sqft split level and im opening it up w lam beams and hardwoods thru out. I have 1400 sqft on plywood thats gonna be glued and nailed and 500 sqft thats on slab on lower. Slab will be fresh pour its cracked now part of cheap price purchase. I wanna spend 5ish a sqft get sumthin decent wife is capping me at 8k so 4 a ft. I did bruce legacy manor in a commercial job 3 yrs ago and it looks amazing still was there last month for more work.

Big question is do u have any recommends in the 4 range that u have used and is decent. Wife finally backed off of HD and LL i explained the real deal w them. I have a wholesale acct. and get good prices the local floor guys get from my supplier too. She also likes the legacy manor look or anything med dark and handscraped is where shes leaning. Obviously gonna look for local deals wanna avoid the net and put cash in locals pockets

second question is the slab. Never done a glue down but no issues for me i just wonder the wait time after the pour? Prob best to measure moisture ormwhat do u guys do on new construction w fresh slabs.

Thanks for any advice in advance fellas

Profile E-mail  

Amish made hardwood

Post subject: Re: looking for some engineered advice
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:01 am 
Prized Contributor

30 days wait for a slab to cure.
If you are looking for hand scraped per-finished, in your price range, it will come from China.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:43 am 
Site Admin

You can always look around for unfinished engineered that is more than likely made in the USA in that price range. Howell out of Alabama comes to mind. Beat it up all you want. Of course you'll then need to spend money finishing it.

Oh, you want local. Hmmn. There's gotta be somebody in Jersey that can source it for you. Even cabin grade. 500 SF glued is going to run over $500. That's .25 cents a square foot there.

Just my thoughts.

Uptown was created by your administrator, offering my high quality 3/4" engineered floors made in the USA. Unfinished and prefinished.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:55 pm 
Prized Contributor

Quote:
Prob best to measure moisture ormwhat do u guys do on new construction w fresh slabs.

The CC moisture test you would perform should be what the hardwood and adhesive manufacturer recommends. Usually it is a Calcium Chloride test (ASTM F 1869), or the insitu test (ASTM F 2170).
The thirty day rule is a generalization of the time fresh concrete will harden and release most of the excess water used in the pour, merely a rough estimate.

See link; http://www.wagnermeters.com/flooring/ra ... Arf_8P8HAQ

IFCII Certified Inspector
Floor Repairs and Installation in Tucson, Az
http://www.tucsonazflooring.com

Profile E-mail