Amish made hardwood

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Meeting floors in hallway, off by 1/4 inch
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:59 pm 
New User

First off, thanks in advanced for any help. We are installing engineered bamboo, click lock flooring with glue. We started in one bedroom and worked out to the hallway and then dry laid the other bedroom so we knew it would properly meet in the hall way. Next we glued the first two rows and dry laid to the hallway again until the glue dried to ensure it properly met in the hall. Now, a few weeks later, things have shifted and I'm realizing we are off by about a quarter inch. (See pictures) I'm thinking I have two options and the one I'm not sure of.
1. Do transitions between all the rooms upstairs. Undesirable.
2. I think I can cut a quarter inch off the board through the doorway and make everything line up. I realize this may be tough to get an exact cut but it's only 30 inches or so. My concern is that this would cut off the click lock on one side and I'm concerned over time a gap could open up there.

Any other options? Also curious if there was a better way to do this. (Other than hire a professional.)

Thanks

https://i.imgur.com/l02cv5B.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/1BIUNOQ.jpg

Profile E-mail  

Amish made hardwood

Post subject: Re: Meeting floors in hallway, off by 1/4 inch
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:07 pm 
Prized Contributor

Engineered flooring is pretty stable when it is glued down. If you can get the joint to look good with an electric hand plane or block plane after you make the cut, it will not separate noticeably over time.

Profile E-mail