Amish made hardwood

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Mercier Stay away
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:50 am 
New User

Just wanted to share my experience with Mercier I have 8 year old house that has 2 different colors of Mercier wood floors one is oak and other is cherry. The cherry the clear coat or urethane is chipping off really bad I have contacted them they supposedly have a 35 year warranty. They will not warranty the product because I can not find the receipt after 8 years. I have had 2 companies come out to look at the floor and they both agree that there was a defect in the mfg process and should be taken care of by Mfg. The oak which is right next to the cherry does not have anything wrong with it not a scratch on it. I even have a unused piece still in the original box with lot numbers and there are pieces in the box that have never seen light or have been walked on that have urethane chipping on them. It took them over 3 months to get back to me after I sent pics just to say no cause you can not find receipt. I would think that a mfg would not try and hide behind a loophole in the warranty and stand behind there product which they are not going to do. Just a fair warning to those looking at this product I had been told that it is a good product and good company that stands behind there product but I can personally say that that is not the case they do not stand behind the product they mfg. and in no way have tried to work with me on the defective product that i received from them. STAY AWAY!

Profile E-mail  

Amish made hardwood

Post subject: Re: Mercier Stay away
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:49 pm 
Valued Contributor

Mark428 wrote:
Just wanted to share my experience with Mercier I have 8 year old house that has 2 different colors of Mercier wood floors one is oak and other is cherry. The cherry the clear coat or urethane is chipping off really bad I have contacted them they supposedly have a 35 year warranty. They will not warranty the product because I can not find the receipt after 8 years. I have had 2 companies come out to look at the floor and they both agree that there was a defect in the mfg process and should be taken care of by Mfg. The oak which is right next to the cherry does not have anything wrong with it not a scratch on it. I even have a unused piece still in the original box with lot numbers and there are pieces in the box that have never seen light or have been walked on that have urethane chipping on them. It took them over 3 months to get back to me after I sent pics just to say no cause you can not find receipt. I would think that a mfg would not try and hide behind a loophole in the warranty and stand behind there product which they are not going to do. Just a fair warning to those looking at this product I had been told that it is a good product and good company that stands behind there product but I can personally say that that is not the case they do not stand behind the product they mfg. and in no way have tried to work with me on the defective product that i received from them. STAY AWAY!

Have you considered contacting the Consumer Protection Division of your State's Attorney General's Office? They don't act in a legal capacity but can contact the manufacturer on your behalf and assist in trying to get some type of settlement. This does not cost you anything so you have nothing to lose other than some time.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:57 pm 
Prized Contributor

No manufacturer of anything is going to warranty a product without a receipt.

IFCII Certified Inspector
Floor Repairs and Installation in Tucson, Az
http://www.tucsonazflooring.com

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:34 pm 
Valued Contributor

If you have the lot number as you say that can prove time of manufacturing which will be in the 35 year period

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:46 pm 
New User

I have box of unused product with lot number all they have to do is come and inspect I am sure they will not deny that it is there product and the house is only 8-9 years old so the floor can not be older then the house? The receipt is only a loophole for them to not stand behind there product it is defective. How can the natural color have no issues but the cherry right next to it you have to walk on the oak to get to the cherry is covered with blemishes?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:36 pm 
Prized Contributor

The manufacturing process was different.

Profile E-mail