Amish made hardwood

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Need help with Lumber Liquid. making right on bad flooring!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:57 pm 
New User

I can understand an inspector not saying anything to the consumer because you don't want to get into and argument but when it comes to LL and their inspectors the consumer or the installers are always the culprit. The inspector that came out to look at my floor must have thought we were morons....little did he know my husband builds homes. He out-right lied about the humidity levels in my home and when he put a level on my floor he put his heavy tool bag on one end and then to a pic of the leveling ball! I mean really? His response when questioned was "Ma'am I'm a professional ....I know what I'am doing." This guy really pissed me off because you could blatantly see what he was doing. Let's face it.....LL sells garbage and if they had to credit or refund everyone that has had problems they'd be out of business.

Profile E-mail  

Amish made hardwood

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:28 pm 
Prized Contributor

floormeintucson wrote:
Quote:

Heard that!
BONUS: I'd rather investigate a concern for a property owner, than any manufacturer.
After all, they are the one with the complaint.
I get to talk and explain everything to them, as I do my investigation. Unlike the A-holeish attitude you must have when out for a manufacturer and the 20 questions hit from the property owner, looking over your shoulder.
I mean you can be as polite as you can, but all they hear is, I cannot tell you s*it, maam.

I do private inspections as well. Who gets info directly just depends who is paying the bill. On a private examination the retailer or installer is welcome but I wont say anything to them while there and the consumer gets the report. It's not a-holeish at all. Thats just the way it is. You should know that by now. :P A professional attitude is the way it should be. Ya don't want to be in the middle of a fight at the consumers house. Thats another reason you don't say anything until the report is out. Oh, sure you can say this is wrong or that is not correctly installed, but still, get it on paper before jabbering your mouth off. :mrgreen:

On the mans claims I just tell them they will receive the report in 7 to 10 business days. And not in any a-holeish attitude. Everyone is always very nice to me.

Oh, if there is another party involved and present other than the person paying me, then it is hush-hush. No one wants the inevitable argument.

I was describing the usual inspection for the manufacturer. Where the property owner is not the one that commissioned your services.
you can be as polite as you can with her, but all she hears is, I cannot tell you s*it, maam.
The same would be true if the installer, or retailer is there and you were commissioned by the property owner.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:03 pm 
Prized Contributor

Floorguy wrote:
floormeintucson wrote:
Quote:

Heard that!
BONUS: I'd rather investigate a concern for a property owner, than any manufacturer.
I get to talk and explain everything to them, as I do my investigation. Unlike the A-holeish attitude you must have when out for a manufacturer and the 20 questions hit from the property owner, looking over your shoulder.
I mean you can be as polite as you can, but all they hear is, I cannot tell you s*it, maam.

I do private inspections as well. Who gets info directly just depends who is paying the bill. On a private examination the retailer or installer is welcome but I wont say anything to them while there and the consumer gets the report. It's not a-holeish at all. Thats just the way it is. You should know that by now. :P A professional attitude is the way it should be. Ya don't want to be in the middle of a fight at the consumers house. Thats another reason you don't say anything until the report is out. Oh, sure you can say this is wrong or that is not correctly installed, but still, get it on paper before jabbering your mouth off. :mrgreen:

On the mans claims I just tell them they will receive the report in 7 to 10 business days. And not in any a-holeish attitude. Everyone is always very nice to me.

Oh, if there is another party involved and present other than the person paying me, then it is hush-hush. No one wants the inevitable argument.

I was describing the usual inspection for the manufacturer. Where the property owner is not the one that commissioned your services.
you can be as polite as you can with her, but all she hears is, I cannot tell you s*it, maam.
The same would be true if the installer, or retailer is there and you were commissioned by the property owner.

Isn't that what I just said? lol I explain I am not employed by anyone who has skin in this matter. I am on a fact finding examination where I am solely commissioned to determine if this is a manufacturing issue, a site issue or if it is installation related. Many manufacturers just want to know if it is a manufacturing issue. So be it. I also charge 3- 4 times what most mill inspectors get, or whats offered.

I also get calls for second opinions. The consumer may call me back after the man has released the info wanting me to fix it which I explain that it would not be prudent.

IFCII Certified Inspector
Floor Repairs and Installation in Tucson, Az
http://www.tucsonazflooring.com

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:51 pm 
Prized Contributor

Floorguy wrote:
floormeintucson wrote:
Quote:

Heard that!

Isn't that what I just said?

No, that is what I originally said. :D