Amish made hardwood

It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 9:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Newbie acclimation,questionfor Anderson Patagonian Pecan
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 10:17 am 
New User

Hello all,
I had been a visitor for this for sometime now and appreciate Ken and others for keeping the public informative about hardwood floors.

Coming to my query, we live in Dallas Texas and we narrowed down our search for hardwood floors to Anderson's Patagonian Pecan (Heather) and have got it for ~$6.00 installed. And also the company we bought it from said they will deliver the wood on the day of the install and start right away without the acclimation period and since we read so much on the internet about the process we are very concerned. When we insisted our salesperon about this, he said in Texas in summer we do not have to do this and their wearhouse is airconditioned and normally for engineered wood this is not necessary and so on, but we were concerned because our house could be hotter or colder than the wearhouse. So could someone shed some light on this please.

Also did we get the right price for the product? Any feedback will be appreciated and thanks in advance.
sailakfan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 6:08 pm 
Valued Contributor

Anderson Hardwood is the one to ask on this issue.
Call the tech services or read the warranty and installation specifications.
Wood flooring needs to be installed at the "average in use conditions" according to Industry Standards, but each manufacturer can make thier own rules.
Anderson has information available on the internet and via telephone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 8:39 pm 
Prized Contributor

Hmmmm.

I bet they don't even own a moisture meter, much less know how to use one.

A/C controlled warehouse!!!! Yea, right!!!! I have yet to see one of those. Maybe heated for winter, but never A/C and humidity controlled.

Here, read all this.

http://www.andersonfloors.com/instcare/geninst.aspx[/url]

Post subject: Thanks Ray and Floorguy, today I visited three of their
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 9:27 pm 
New User

Thanks Ray and Floorguy, today I visited three of their stores in different locations and all of the salespersons repeated like recorded message the samething that the wood dont have to aclimate in Texas and no need for a moisture test in Texas. Still I am not convinced and I looked them up on BBB and since they were opened in 1989 (now you all should know who am I referring to) they have had only 3 disputes which 2 of them were resolved. Please advise me should I back out of my purchase and go with anybody else and can someone refer a quality installer in DFW area. I have Carpet Mills in my list. Please advice. I will not be able to check the board for another 20 hours or so, so please forgive me if I do not respond right away.
Thanks
sailakfan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 11:06 pm 
Prized Contributor

They have been in business since `89, tells me nothing. Carpet Mills of America is nothing but a hack shop, too!!! Run!!!! Sounds like your shopping the "we will not be undersold" shops Go to the NWFA website, and find a NWFA contractor, in the Dallas area. Or I do travel, for the right price.

Go down to the Yikes I have problems forum and look at the recent post about gaps in new installation.

From what you have told us, the sales geeks at the stores are clueless idiots. and the professionals that should know better are just as clueless.

The BBB is a joke!!! Have you ever filed a complaint with them? They tell you to settle it with the owner of the business and run you around in a loop!
The BBB is nothing but a marketing scam!!! They don't show and never did, the claim I had against a transmission rebuilding shop that screwed me over, that was never resolved and I ended up selling the truck.

I'll say it again... The BBB is a joke!!!!