Amish made hardwood

It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 9:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Old weathered look
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:25 pm 
New User

Hi there. I have a customer that has seen an old barn wood and given me a sample (It looks like old circle-sawn fir). They like the weathered graying found in the old wood and want to put in a new floor (they are thinking walnut or hickory) that simulates the weathered look, particularly the graying. They aren't really after texture; mainly duplicating the weathered appearance. Has anyone tackled a similar situation? I'm curious about any abstract techniques others have used (all I can really think of is rubbing a gray stain into the wood and then buffing it off lightly to retain color in the soft grain). Or perhaps I simply need to advise the customer that what they really want is reclaimed flooring. Any input would be appreciated. Hope all had a great 4th of July! David

Amish made hardwood

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:23 pm 
Newbie Contributor

reclaimed i have found to be the best , some other products work but dosnt give it the same feel , try that first ,i think they would be much more happy with that
good luck
tommy

been doing flooring for over 25 years, started in wood ,times change as do methods, the more you know the better ,one can always and should keep learning new and old products and that will help both the consumer and installer ,

Profile E-mail