Amish made hardwood

It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 11:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: older farm house floors
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:12 pm 
New User

Hi everyone I am new to the forum and just wanted to say thanks to people who go out of their way to help people with flooring questions. My wife and I bought an older farm house, the newest part of the house (it was added on in 1955) has hard wood floors that I plan to refinish. This will be my first refinishing job and want it to look as good as it can get. I had planned on renting a four pad oscillating sander the pad size in 8”. I was told this sander has less of a chance of doing damage to the floor. I was going to clean the floor before I started ( and in between sandings). I planned on starting off with a 40 grit sand paper, then for my second use a 60 grit, and for the final use a 100 grit paper. I was just wanting some advice from the experts and some helpful tips that will bring the floor back to its original glory. I have included some pictures of the trim and wood beams that are in the living room. Should I try to match the exact color of the trim? If not would a darker or lighter stain go better with the trim? I know it is my personal preference, but was just curious to see what everybodys opinion is. I also included a pic of a spot in the floor where the original owners cut a hole in the floor for a crawlspace entrance( I don’t know why they would cut it right there). Also, does anyone have a good idea on what kind the wood floors are? Thanks for the Help

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: older farm house floors
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:18 pm 
New User

how do i post my pics?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:23 pm 
Valued Contributor

You have to upload them to a host site like flickr or image shack.Then include the pics in your post by using the link inside of the image brackets.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:10 pm 
Prized Contributor

blacklabss165 wrote:
how do i post my pics?

As paul said, or click on Gallery, top of page. Then click on upload file, keep continuing then when photo is posted click on it, copy url at bottom of page. More complicated than it should but it works.

IFCII Certified Inspector
Floor Repairs and Installation in Tucson, Az
http://www.tucsonazflooring.com

Profile E-mail