Amish made hardwood

It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 6:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: One board that is higher
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:38 am 
Worthy Contributor

Not too long ago I had site-finished 3/4 x 3 BC put down. It's been about 6 months or so and everything is overall fine. Except, there is a single board that along it's length seems to sit maybe 1/16 or less of an inch higher than the adjoining board (overwood along the length basically). The edge that's raised is relatively noticeable when walking barefoot, but not so much visually.

I'm not sure how to fix this, or if I even should. I was think that I could hand sand a slight bevel then it wouldn't feel as sharp on the feet. Or maybe, I could just take sandpaper and just very lightly sand off the sharp edge. I could then refinish with something that would look like the Bona semi-gloss so as to not visually ruin the look, even though I know it wouldn't be as hardy as the Bona.

Any suggestions?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:14 pm 
Newbie Contributor

You might get lucky by tapping right on the edge with a teflon block. If there is some "play" due bad milling, it will go down. If it does, hit along that edge with a couple of brads and fill those tiny holes with wax sticks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:07 pm 
Worthy Contributor

Thanks for the suggestion. I hadn't even thought about that. The floor had been flat there until a couple of months ago. It makes sense that it could possibly be knocked back down.

I'm going to try it once I return home on the 13th. I'll post back then.