Amish made hardwood

It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 5:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Opinion on HAWA brand Tigerwood flooring
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:35 pm 
New User

I have been researching and price shopping for some tigerwood 3/4 solid flooring in the 3" to 3 5/8" wide range. I recently received a couple samples from an online store that looked good except for the the boards being loose when the tongue and groove are slid together(maybe 1/32 or less of slop). When I hold them together horizontally there is a slight movement in the vertical direction. Several other more expensive samples I have received slid together with a little friction but these are loose. I plan on having them professionally installed by being nailed down over an OSB subfloor.

My question is, does it matter that the boards are not as tight since one side will be nailed or will there be movement or creaking issues down the road? Hawa floors are milled in China and I have not been able to find many detailed reviews (negative or positive) to make me comfortable with purchasing yet. All the online stores are selling the Hawa products but I would like to hear from someone who has it in their hose or has installed it.

Also if you have purchased some Hawa or Natures Charm Tigerwood please let me know where and if you were pleased with the material and customer service.

below is a link to one of the online stores selling it.
http://www.exoticfloorsdirect.com/efd-s ... d-flooring

Profile E-mail  

Amish made hardwood