Amish made hardwood

It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 5:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: overnight jobs
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:40 pm 
Semi Newbie Contributor

Hey I was wondering what you guys do in a situation of a resturaunt that wants their floors done and usable in a 24 hour period. I will finish with Traffic but even the sanding and finishing that final coat will probably only be down for at the most 12 hours I am slightly concerned as to what to do.Should I put in writing to stay off the floors for 24 hours just to cover my rear I told them I could get the work done in 24 hrs but getting everything dry to walk on in 24 hrs. is a whole other deal. Just wondering how most people handle these situations.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: overnight jobs
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:13 pm 
Semi Newbie Contributor

restowood wrote:
Hey I was wondering what you guys do in a situation of a resturaunt that wants their floors done and usable in a 24 hour period. I will finish with Traffic but even the sanding and finishing that final coat will probably only be down for at the most 12 hours I am slightly concerned as to what to do.Should I put in writing to stay off the floors for 24 hours just to cover my rear I told them I could get the work done in 24 hrs but getting everything dry to walk on in 24 hrs. is a whole other deal. Just wondering how most people handle these situations.

Is prefinished an option?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:00 pm 
Semi Newbie Contributor

We don't do finishing but I can't imagine 24 hrs being enough time for it to set to the point you won't be up nights worrying over it.

We installed pre-finished in a sports bar several years ago. Haven't been back though to see how it's held up. I think if the restaurant chooses a good commercial grade product, or even just something with an aluminum oxide finish, it'll hold up pretty well, and you, the installer, won't be in a sticky situation over possible problems with the finish.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:58 pm 
Semi Newbie Contributor

this is an existing floor that has been refinished a couple of times and they weren't interested in prefinished because of price. I've walked on traffic after an hour but putting chairs and tables on it is totally different. I'm just wondering how others would cover there butt when you give customer rules to stay off for 48 hours but you know that they won't adhere to it???

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:19 am 
Most Valuable Contributor

You cannot "warranty" a commercial job anyway. You know the finish is going to get banged up being in a resturaunt. But be certain to include all the info that comes with the Traffic finish and give it to the customer at the time of contract signing. Most resturaunts cannot/will not close down for floor restorations so if you are going to perform the work, either accept the situation or don't do it. You are not responsible for what others do after you have completed your work.