Amish made hardwood

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Pet Stains Under Carpet on Floors
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 1:30 pm 
New User

Sure hope someone can help me. Just pulled back the carpet on the oak hardwood floor on a house we just purchased. Great around the registers etc when we were looking at the house. Now that we have pulled the carpet back all the way.............suprise suprise................pet stains. I searched on the web and found a product called Unrine-off. It is supposed to remove these stains. Has anyone tried it and what advice can you give me? Anything is appreciated. Thankyou

Amish made hardwood

Post subject: cat stain helper (maybe)
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 8:16 pm 
New User

My husband and I encountered the same scenerio when we pulled off a carpet to find cat urine on our beautiful maple floor. There were multiple spots in the middle of the room and time was of the essence. I bought a product called WoodBleach and taped off the area as if it were planks (staggered). It took the darkness out of the stain but when closely examined there is still some color variation but it did help blend it.

But if using this technique BE CAREFUL! Any drips will leave visible bleach spots on the floor. Also, I concentrated the bleach directly on the stain and feathered the product with a dry painting sponge to the tape. AGAIN, be careful...Also, this was on a light maple wood, I do not know how it would turn out on anything else, maple is a harder wood.

Hope this might help, and I apologize for giving any advice for I am an extreme novice in this area. But, if in a jamb it might help.

ninjatanja

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: PS. to stain helper
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 8:19 pm 
New User

I thought I should mention that we had tried sanding it out and we are refinishing the whole floor. This was done prior to poly.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 1:04 pm 
Most Valuable Contributor

Sanding will not work. And I thought Urine-Off only removed the odor and not the stain. You could try that bleach method but it's hit and miss and usually does not remove all the stain and it will change the color of the wood. For me as a pro, I find replacement to be the fastest, most economical and surefire way of dealing with bad pet stains in wood floors.