Amish made hardwood

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Planning on getting into the business, looking for advice.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:44 am 
Site Admin

Good stuff Paul.

Question: Do you use any dust collection system on the big machine?

Uptown was created by your administrator, offering my high quality 3/4" engineered floors made in the USA. Unfinished and prefinished.

Profile E-mail  

Amish made hardwood

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:46 am 
Valued Contributor

I have tried connecting my hummel to the Bona DCS 110 and found it to be slightly less efficient than just using the bag. So now I only use the bag on my hummel . The only trick I use is to vacuum the outside of the bag clean before I start up the hummel .That way , there isn't a poof of dust upon start up.

I also have a Bona 10" belt machine which I don't' like very much.It seems to work better with a big vacuum than the hummel does but I still opt to use a bag with it on the rare occasion that I use the Bona sander.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:36 pm 
Valued Contributor

I was told the Hummel doesn't work well with the Atomic 110 because the speed of the fan in conjunction withe the power of the Bona. I also just use the bag with my Bona prosand. the only dust is at start up (never thought of vacuuming it first Duh). and one less hose to fight with. On a side note how much do you want for the Boa 10"?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:18 pm 
Site Admin

So all that hype with the Bona system is just that eh? I wonder what the percentage of dust is that does escape by using just the bag.

Uptown was created by your administrator, offering my high quality 3/4" engineered floors made in the USA. Unfinished and prefinished.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:26 pm 
Valued Contributor

jeff burstein wrote:
I was told the Hummel doesn't work well with the Atomic 110 because the speed of the fan in conjunction withe the power of the Bona. I also just use the bag with my Bona prosand. the only dust is at start up (never thought of vacuuming it first Duh). and one less hose to fight with. On a side note how much do you want for the Boa 10"?

I've been meaning to sell it for a while now .It's still in great shape , only used for about 1 year and I think it's worth about $2,800.00 to $3,000.00 with all the new paper I have in stock included.

Ken Fisher wrote:
So all that hype with the Bona system is just that eh? I wonder what the percentage of dust is that does escape by using just the bag.

Very little in my opinion. I use the 110 sometimes and use the PDC as well as the super vac. Edgers ,buffers and kick space sanders are the only real dusty machines so I only connect those to the vacs and leave a bag on my hummel and my customers are very impressed .

The Bona 110 is actually a great vacuum because the suction is continuous and there's no filter to get clogged (more or less) but it is gigantic and heavy. The PDC unit is pretty good but the filter has the be back flushed ever 10 or 15 minutes or you lose a lot of suction.

Honestly, my Bona super vac (canister style vac) is enough to control my 7R's dusts and then a simple vacuuming of window sills and baseboard are all it takes to leave the job dustless. But 100% dustless sanding is hype.Not possible.

Profile E-mail