Amish made hardwood

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Please help! I think I am being fooled
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:16 am 
New User

We just had our goodfellows gray hardwood installed professionally. Honestly I don’t know wood and the guys that installed keep telling me it’s normal. As up can see from photos, scratches everywhere (they said they will stain) nail marks and scratches from where nails are installed. Wood that was damaged I am guessing installed with a huge deep dent(they said they will fix it) and to top it off spacing thats uneven between boards in some places)- they said its normal its for a purpose of hardwood to move in summer. They keep explaining everything and I feel like all this feels wrong. Anyone please help me understand is this all normal for a job that’s been done right now?we haven’t lived with new floors yet. Please guys please help me!
Also squeaking is unbearable!!!which again is it normal? We had laminate and it made no noise :(

Profile E-mail  

Amish made hardwood

Post subject: Re: Please help! I think I am being fooled
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:18 am 
New User

I can't understand how to add a photo :(

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Please help! I think I am being fooled
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:01 pm 
Prized Contributor

Everything but the prevalence of squeaks sounds right about laying a floor that will be sanded and finished. To have dents and scratches in a refinished floor doesn't sound too professional. Did you get a reference for their work? You may want to talk to previous clients to get more confidence in their completed work.
With pre-finished flooring a board or two can be replaced if they are objectionable.

Profile E-mail