Amish made hardwood

It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 6:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Popping Bamboo Over Concrete
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:43 am 
Newbie Contributor

Ok, I just got my bamboo hardwood floors installed over concrete (a week ago). I am fairly sure they are engineered, but the box doesn't really say. I have the dreaded popping sound in multiple places. From the research I have done on this and other sites it seems that this is likely due to one of two reasons. A - not enough glue was used in some spots and the bamboo is not adhered. B - the floor was not flat and in those spots I have an air gap.

So my question is what is the best way to fix it. I had them professionally installed (or so I thought) and I did call the installers. They basically say the only way to fix them now is through the drill and fill method. Is this correct?

Lastly, asuming the drill and fill method is the best way to fix them, do I just follow the instructions on the box? The reason I ask is because I have seen some products that say put weight on the spot after you drill ad fill and I have seen some that say fill and stay off for 2 days until it is dry.

Thansk for any help, it is certainly appreciated.
Ray

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 2:22 pm 
Most Valuable Contributor

Quote:
Lastly, asuming the drill and fill method is the best way to fix them, do I just follow the instructions on the box?

What do you mean "I"? Shouldn't the guys you had install the floor be making the repairs?
Quote:
They basically say the only way to fix them now is through the drill and fill method. Is this correct?

No, in those hollow areas, the flooring could be removed and the concrete leveled and the floor patched back in. However, it's a big job over drill and fill. If you can live with small patched holes, go for the drill and fill.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 3:39 pm 
Newbie Contributor

I am debating on wether to have them fix it or fix it myself. To be truthful I am kind of upset that they didn't do what they needed in the first place to make sure the floor was flat. I mean it isn't like I hired a couple of guys off the street. I went to a professional floor installer and I feel they should have done it right the first time.

I am thinking it will be drill and fill because the flooring I got was discontinued. There is no more left to buy that will match. So if they pull up the areas to level the floor and screw it up I am hosed because I don't have any extra flooring. Of course I bought 10 percent extra just as recommended (actually I bought 15 percent extra) but I don't want to take the chance.

Thanks again for the quick reply.