Amish made hardwood

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:26 am 
Newbie Contributor

They just had to change my install date from 12 Oct to 21 Oct which causes me to have to be in my home rather than my wife.

Muhahahahaha... They don't know what they are in for!!!

Honestly, these guys are not a Flooring company, they are a Custom Wood flooring and Custom Lumber shop and have a good rep. Currently, they are doing a majority of the installations in the $1.2 million homes near my very humble middle-class "shack." $1.2 mill. is a BIG DEAL in my little one horse town so don't laugh - (5000+ sq. ft., all high end mechanicals, 10+ft. ceilings, lots of architectural interest, on an Andy North designed golf course).

But, now that they moved it because of THEIR tight schedule, it means that I will be there when they arrive and will ask them to SHOW ME THE NUMBERS.

Like I said... Muhahahahahahhah.

Oh, and MENARDS (Mr. Billionaire) is selling 15 lb. Roofing Felt this week for $12.99 per 400 sq. ft. roll. Me thinks I will have my guys bring a roll -- I'll be a Big Man and give them the additional 20 sq. ft. from the 300 sq. ft. roll in my garage. Mighty big of me, isn't it.

Thanks again for keeping this thread going. I am learning.

Amish made hardwood

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 6:17 pm 
Newbie Contributor

10 years in biz and always used atleast 15# felt, 30# in houses without dehumidified basements. IT HAS NEVER FAILED. New products(even at 4 yrs) are still not through with the professional tests--getting called back to fix the problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:36 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
30# in houses without dehumidified basements

Great point Artisan! Makes alot of sense as well

Thanks for contributing :D

Uptown was created by your administrator, offering my high quality 3/4" engineered floors made in the USA. Unfinished and prefinished.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:27 am 
Newbie Contributor

Artisan wrote:
10 years in biz and always used atleast 15# felt, 30# in houses without dehumidified basements....

It seems that the Jury is in and I will be informing my installers that 15# felt will be used. No need for 30# as nearly every sq. in. is over heated/cooled/humidified/dehumidified living space. The very few sq. ft. not HVAC controlled will be over R-36 (slightly compressed R-38) insulated garage.

Would DOUBLING UP 15# felt perform the same if it doesn't affect the subfloor height?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 12:00 pm 
Most Valuable Contributor

No need to double up that felt. Make sure they test the moisture content of subfloor and flooring prior to installation. Should be no more than 4% differential for strip, 2% for plank. :D