Amish made hardwood

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Problems that may
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:16 pm 
New User

We are thinking of having a hardwood floor fitted throughout our lounge/diner/kitchen.

We saw on the label to all of the boxes that it couldn't be fitted in a kitchen.

Would this be due to excessive water eg: I could understand not having it fitted in a bathroom.

But because we would have a dishwasher and the sink only, the only real time you may get water on the floor would be when your taking damp plates out of the dishwasher, any wetness, we are likely to wipe it up immediately off the floor.

And most of the kitchen places we have visited have got wood floors in the displays (So why can't the floor be fitted in a kitchen.

Also if a bottle of red wine was to be spilt on eg: a real oak wood floor how do you clean it off.

We are more interested in buying a floor that has no varnish and looks more natural. Only because we think the toys from our children will wreck a varnished wood floor.

Does anyone have any suggestions for getting certain food and drink stains out of a wood floor.

Or the best wood floors for kitchens.

We are on the south coast of England, so bare this in mind if you know any floor companies?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Problems that may
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:20 pm 
Worthy Contributor

Lots of people have Hardwood installed in the kitchen.I would definitely want a finished floor though.An unfinished wood floor will absorb any spills instantly,which will leave you with nasty stains.Bamboo flooring is what I always recommend if wood is a must in the kitchen.Bottom line...if you have a water leak with a wood floor,you have problems.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Problems that may
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:18 pm 
Prized Contributor

Don't let anyone kid you, on site finished floors the finish fractures and is not in any way water proof. So spills can also penetrate those finishes.

I tell my clients to do stone or porcelain tiles in wet areas. Some listen, some don't.

IFCII Certified Inspector
Floor Repairs and Installation in Tucson, Az
http://www.tucsonazflooring.com

Profile E-mail