Amish made hardwood

It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 8:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Problems with MIII FS and bamboo
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 4:48 pm 
New User

Good Memorial Day to all...

I am a newbie installing 500sqft of 5/8" bamboo floor in my upstairs. I have purchased a used Bostich MIIIFS floor stapler and I am using 2" staples because the baboo is over linolium + old fur floor + subfloor. My problem is I can't seem to find the perfect amount of air pressure. I started around 80psi but that cracked the toung. Something around 60psi seems to be working best. but many of my staples are still cracking the toung of the wood. I have messed with more or less air, and I have also played with the angle of the stapler by putting tape on the front or back of the foot. Nothing seems to help. Is it obvious if the staple is too hi or low or at the wrong angle?
I thing my staples are going in at the right place, and at the right angle, but still cracks in the bamboo. And its my understanding you don't wan't any cracks in the toung, since it weekens it. Is Any cracking or splitting acceptable? Since I backed off the pressure some staples don't go in all the way, these I have pulled out since I could not pound them down with a nail punch.
I seem unable to find the sweet spot where the staple is in far enought not to interfere with toung and grove, but not far enought to split.
Any tips or suggestions would be most helpful

Amish made hardwood

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 2:28 am 
Prized Contributor

Get the psi in the range where it will seat the staple. Use strips of tape under the foot plate to slightly change the angle, front or back. If that don't work Chuck said he drizzles on some 3 in 1 oil on the tips of the staples, he said that works for him.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 5:59 am 
New User

There is a spacer suppied with these staplers, when you purchase them new, for just this purpose. You should be able to get one by calling the manufacturer.