Amish made hardwood

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Professional opinions on what action should be taken
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:20 am 
New User

We just had 1500 square feet of engineered hand scraped acacia installed, they never covered the floors and continued reconstruction for 25 days. There was a white dust covering the floors in the entire home that seemed to be embedded in the grain of the wood here is a picture after being cleaned once by "construction clean up professional" then by the installer with Bona. The two boards on the towel are brand new out of an unopened box. In person they looked very dull and the white also was much more pronounced.

The general contractor agreed there was an issue at this point, they have since cleaned the floors 3 more times with Bona and apparently used some type of wax on the floor (manufacturer Web site warranty page says "never use wax") they look better than the picture now but when you walk on them with socks it leaves very bad smudge marks.

Should I demand them to replace the floors or am I over reacting? 3rd party inspection?

Profile E-mail  

Amish made hardwood

Post subject: Re: Professional opinions on what action should be taken
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:23 am 
Prized Contributor

Call the flooring manufacturers representative, or distributor. They may help.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:33 am 
Prized Contributor

Don't accept that. The GC is on the hook to make it look new. Warranty is void if they apply wax or polish. Very sloppy and typically cheap as GC's usually are.

Not the installers fault so I hope he got paid to try an clean it. It is not the installers responsibility to cover the floor unless it was stated in the contract with the GC.
They should have vacuumed it prior to the cleaning to get the dust out. Prolly drywall dust.

IFCII Certified Inspector
Floor Repairs and Installation in Tucson, Az
http://www.tucsonazflooring.com

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:50 am 
New User

Thanks for the responses, the installer did an amazing job (I thought my wife was going to hug him lol) the floors looked amazing 30 days ago. My wife told the original "construction clean up company" they need to vacuum all the dust up before they put any kind of cleaner on the floor and got the don't worry we do this for a living response.

Profile E-mail