Amish made hardwood

It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 9:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Question regarding furniture & deflection spots
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:04 pm 
Newbie Contributor

Hey guys,
I have been trying to get a hold of the flooring company for 2 days now with no repsonse. Surprise, Surprise. Ray, you were right, I shouldn't have paid them until the spots were done to my satisfaction.

Some of the larger areas need to be redone, just a few areas sink and you can hear the flooring pop back up after you walk on it. However, there has been a great improvement overall.

I am wanting to move my furniture in place, I have family coming in tonight. There are two areas of concern, one being the tv niche. I have a big armoire that I want to put back, but that area needs more work. Another area is the office room. I have a big 350 lb. desk coming in a few weeks, but there are two areas that need to be redone there too. Should I wait until they come to fix these before I place my heavy furniture over it? My guess is I do need to wait, but I wanted to check with you guys since I am not getting a response from them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:08 pm 
Valued Contributor

No Response from the flooring company tells me you might as well move into the house and start living your life.

Time to get an inspector and move forward with getting your floor fixed the hard way... OR:::::: you could hire another installation company to make the repairs.

Inspectors:
www.FloorReports.com

or, if you don't know any inspectors, Call the National Service That does know the inspectors:

www.QuestInspect.com
Cost is up there, but well worth it at this point.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:34 pm 
Newbie Contributor

I just spoke with them, it was the 4th time I called today. They said it was ok to put the furniture on the soft spots.

They also said after the hardwood installer gets back from vacation in 2 weeks they will have him come over first thing, they then asked me if I wanted the other guy to come and fix the spots, but I wanted the more experienced one.

Thanks Ray for the links. I am so upset mainly because every since these soft spots came up after installation I have to dial *67 before my phone number so it blocks it. Otherwise they don't pick up. ( I used this the 4th time I called so that's why I actually got to talk to them. And a few other times last week.) So sad I have to resort to that, huh? I think it's so crappy and unprofessional that they returned phone calls promptly and were easy to get a hold of BEFORE I paid and now it's a problem. I just can't believe it. I really can't. :(

I have a feeling you are right, it very well may end up with us hiring a flooring inspector. I won't hesitate for a second, I am so sick of dealing with this. I am going to check out the links right now. I guess I will wait until 2 weeks and if I have any problems with them not returning my calls, I am heading for the flooring inspector.

Please guys, anyone, my family gets here in 2 hours, I want to put the tv armoire back in place over the soft spot..........is this safe to do? I just don't know if I trust my flooring company anymore even though they said it was ok.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:02 pm 
Valued Contributor

Put your furniture back.
It is safe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:08 pm 
Newbie Contributor

Ray Darrah wrote:
Put your furniture back.
It is safe.

THanks Ray! I wish I could just dive through the computer and give you a HUGE hug! You have been so helpful. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:28 pm 
Valued Contributor

dana wrote:
Ray Darrah wrote:
Put your furniture back.
It is safe.

THanks Ray! I wish I could just dive through the computer and give you a HUGE hug! You have been so helpful. :D

Thank you. You are very sweet ..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:32 am 
Prized Contributor

Put it back ... use felt protectors so you can move it around later. The heavy furniture will probably help the problem. I forget what kind of adhesive they used originally.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:24 pm 
Newbie Contributor

Jerry Thomas wrote:
Put it back ... use felt protectors so you can move it around later. The heavy furniture will probably help the problem. I forget what kind of adhesive they used originally.

Hi Jerry! :D

The felt protectors are already on! As far as the adhesive, they used Bostiks.

We finally have our furniture in place.........it's nice. I was tired of it all over the house. We still have little areas marked with blue tape for them to come back and repair. ( or at least hope they do.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:46 pm 
Prized Contributor

Don't leave blue tape on the flooring finish for more then 2 days MAX!!!