Amish made hardwood

It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 9:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Questions about glue down
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:42 am 
New User

I have a couple of questions about how to install this bamboo flooring…

My concrete slab is only 5 years old but has some disturbing long cracks in it. Some of cracks I could fit a dime in vertically and the cracks go for the entire length of the area to be covered by the bamboo, 15 feet. I don’t at this time suspect that the slab is damp, but here in CA there hasn’t been rain for 6 months, so it’s impractical to test now. I know that there was not a vapor barrier installed under the slab.

My questions are:

Is there any acceptable paint on vapor barriers that can be applied which will won’t affect the glue adhesion..?

Also, if I have two different brands of glue, if they are both for bamboo, does it matter as long as I don’t mix them.?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:56 am 
Prized Contributor

www.floorprep.com

Look at Vaporseal, and the leveling products you will need. Then click on the find a distributor, and go buy directly from them.

A distributor will sell you supplies and sundries, but not flooring materials.

Post subject: Bamboo Questions/2
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:46 pm 
New User

I didn't get an answer about the two different brands of glue... both are for bamboo so I would not think it would be a problem.....?

Also, I am transitioning the wood floor into various other rooms and wanted to know at what point on the door jam should the wood end and the other flooring begin... at the inside line of the door..? other..?

And what about bostik mpv4 for glue down applications...? And should it be used before or after the leveling..?

Thanks,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:56 pm 
Prized Contributor

It is up to you if you want to use two different adhesives, I don't see it hurting a thing.

I place the transition threshold molding, directly under the shut door. Like any threshold.

Bostik's MVP4 is only used with Bostik's adhesives. not with any other manufacturers, if you want to maintain the warranty. It is a moisture blocking system, not a stand alone barrier.

It is applied after leveling, and needs to be covered by the installation, within 12 days, with no major foot traffic across it. Meaning, only you while your installing.