Amish made hardwood

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Really love one solid I found but need soundproofing
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:29 pm 
New User

I just purchased a 2nd story condo and I've been hunting for the right floors for weeks now. I guess I'm pretty particular. I've only found one flooring I really like and I've only found it in a solid hardwood. I can't seem to find a laminate that's similar.
My choices are to find a similar laminate or a way to soundproof it in a way that isn't ridiculous and crazy expensive.
Facts: Pretty uptight HOA regulations about soundproofing requirements. Under the current carpet there's thin concrete. I'll need a good quality underlay. I really like the look of "pierce white oak, handscrapped" solid hardwood and can't find an engineered version with similar grain and tone. I'm really not into regular white oak.
I think one option is to just get the solid and nail it to plywood that's on top of the soundproofing. That would be very thick though, I'm not sure if that's really an option. I need about 600sqft.
Please help me out! I get the keys tomorrow and need to get started! All this is new to me and I'm doing my best to figure it out.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Really love one solid I found but need soundproofing
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:31 pm 
New User

https://www.google.com/search?q=pierce+ ... 60&bih=616

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:14 pm 
Worthy Contributor

It would help to know where you are located, so we can recommend based on your area.

I'm in Canada, and I know Torlys and Satin Finish make laminate products that are similar to that. Textured laminate floors are a bit more specialized so you'll not likely find them at box stores.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:54 am 
New User

I'm in Los Angeles. I've seen some beautiful floors from Canada but shipping makes it too much.
Also, I'm not dead set on handscraped, it's more so the color and grain I'm interested in.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:55 pm 
New User

Been to about 10 hardwood floor places so far and no one has anything similar. The trends here are gray/white toned wirescraped. Any guidance helps. I'm thinking there's nothing like that anymore around here. I appreciate any input.
I had a hardwood floor installer over yesterday and he was very against solid in my space.

Profile E-mail