Amish made hardwood

It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 6:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Recoating Bamboo
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:08 am 
Valued Contributor

I just finished installing a dark stained bamboo by Ambient, and the customer is already complaining about how easily it scratches. The rep told me this is normal and typical even though they boast about their scratch resistance. I am thinking about recoating it. Anyone have any suggestions as to which product would work best (Traffic, Street Shoe, or any others)?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Recoating Bamboo
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:18 am 
Prized Contributor

First I would try and get to the bottom of why it's scratching so easily. Maybe it's the consumer, maybe not. If you don't feel it's the consumer, I would consider getting the manufacturer involved, past the Rep. You know the story Jeff...Once you coat it, warranties are history. And hate to see you coat it, and she's still moaning about scratching problems. IMO, need to get to the bottom of it, and hold who ever responsible.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:15 pm 
Prized Contributor

Jeff, like Howard says, what exactly is scratching it? If it is just ignorance then let them worry about it. Scratches are mostly customer issues. Wood don't scratch itself and cooked bamboo scratches very easily. Customer expectations??!!

IFCII Certified Inspector
Floor Repairs and Installation in Tucson, Az
http://www.tucsonazflooring.com

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:52 pm 
Valued Contributor

It's the finish that is scratching. They show up white on the dark floor. Ambient boasts about their scratch resistance. Honestly I had to be very careful while installing it to not scratch it with my nail gun. When it's cleaned the white goes away but if you look at it the scratch is still there. It will be easier to topcoat it If I can find a product that doesn't show scratches as white rather then rip it up and replace it with something else as it took 4 days to install. :cry:

Back to the Patriots. NE vs. Atlanta in the Super Bowl.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:31 pm 
Prized Contributor

jeff burstein wrote:
Back to the Patriots. NE vs. Arizona in the Super Bowl.

Installed a job this year....Biggest Patriot fan period. At the estimate she opens the front door and I never seen anything like it, I mean the entire home was Patriots, all furniture ,walls, everything . I say "wow this is something"! She says check this out...She lifts the bottom of her Patriot shirt, and shows me a huge Patriot tatoo on her stomach :shock: Just had to say.( I didn't tell her I'm a Rams fan :lol: )

Back on thread :roll: .....Jeff, If your convinced there's a finish problem...I would sure go after those guys. Shouldn't be on your head.

Profile E-mail