Amish made hardwood

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Regal Hardwood Floors
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:43 am 
New User

I'm considering Regal Hardwood floors. Has anyone recently had them installed and what is your opinion?

Profile E-mail  

Amish made hardwood

Post subject: Re: Regal Hardwood Floors
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:39 pm 
New User

Good quality hardwood floors. Depends on Installer. Check references.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:15 am 
New User

I am considering Regal flooring too. They have some really beautiful floor finishes with lots of character. I was a little worried about the thinner wear layer (2mm) at first but then thought that this is not the type of flooring that would do well being refinished anyhow (too much character to it). So, I don't think the wear layer would be quite as important (just making assumptions as I am no expert with these things). So, I was ok with going with the flooring but still had some hesitation. It is 1/2 inch thick with 8 layers of Baltic birch, but I do not know what the glue is that they are using for binding the plywood layers. I prefer the idea of going with 3/4 inch engineered wood over 1/2 but not am not sure if that is overkill.
Regal uses some form of aluminum oxide with what they call "titanium nanotechnology" for the finish --- they say that this enables them to get better coverage of the floor boards when finishing --- not sure I fully understand this. So, overall it all sounded good to me, and I am still considering them. But, I did read one really negative review on this forum, so I am a bit hesitant. If I can find a brand that has lots of character similar to regal but is 3/4 inch I might go with those. Good luck with your search

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:09 am 
Prized Contributor

Pre-finished flooring is usually chosen because the color is selected from different choices. With a modern film type finish, the maintenance for a worn finish would be applying another coat which may be needed after 5-10 years. A complete sanding to bare wood is not always needed. If sanding is necessary, it could be done if the floor color needs to be changed or if there is surface damage from neglect. I find that one way to tell if the floor will look good after a coat of finish is to clean the floor and view it when the surface is wet.

Profile E-mail