Amish made hardwood

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Removing Old Parquet
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:37 pm 
New User

Hi Everyone;
We have a problem & would love any advice you could possibly give us! We live in a condo I purchased 6 years ago & upon moving in I had a fairly decent parquet floor. Well it's time to remove this floor. We remodeled the kitchen & decided that instead of repairing the large hole left in the floor from moving a counter we would also update the flooring. Upon close inspection we realized that the parquet is glued to the old linoleum which was nailed down every couple of inches ( no exaggeration) w/ roofing nails. My Fiance' is not weak by any means & pulled out 2 3'x3' squares usung a pluge cutter & a crowbar. . This just about ruined his back. So I made him stop & we are left with another 400sq' that needs to come out. Have any of you ever delt with this. The parquet is thouroughly glued to the linoleum so scraping it off doesnt work.... Thank you all so much! Your saving us from having to meet our medical deductibles this year!
God Bless!
Mechelle

Profile E-mail  

Amish made hardwood

Post subject: Re: Removing Old Parquet
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:58 pm 
Valued Contributor

you might want to call in an Air Strike

http://www.flortechardwood.net

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:02 am 
New User

Yea I'd love to call an air strike in on the person who did this crap rather than putting the parquet down the correct way! :D

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:16 am 
Site Admin

If you open up an area large enough you may be able to get a spud bar underneath the linoleum. The spud bar would may work to pop those roofing nails along with everything else in one shot. Should cut the floor into sections with a circular saw. Perhaps two foot squares. You'll just have to play with it to see what works best.

Here's a real short video showing a spud bar while removing 3/8" underlayment with and engineered hardwood glued to the underlayment. Not easy work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-hUqFzC9mk

Uptown was created by your administrator, offering my high quality 3/4" engineered floors made in the USA. Unfinished and prefinished.

Profile E-mail