Amish made hardwood

It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 12:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Rosewood vs Santos Mahogany
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:58 pm 
New User

Would like opinions on Santos Mahogany vs Rosewood. We had been looking at Brazilian Cherry but much of Marco's comments have worn off...plus the sample in our house has a tan mark where the sun has deepened it. I'm afraid it may not deepen evenly in the house. I'm not afraid of the color just afraid of it not being even. We have a large window in the room.

Its very close on the Rosewood and Santos. I have seen a lot of feedback on Santos, but very little on Rosewood. Is there anything about these two that I should be cautioned about?

Looking at BR111 as the manufacturer. 7/16 Santos (2 5/8) and 3/4 3" for the Rosewood.

Amish made hardwood

Post subject: My question too...
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:54 pm 
Newbie Contributor

Hi Midnight Girl - I am making the same decision now. One concern of mine is that the rosewood has a lot of color variation between boards. Other than that It is mostly a look decision for me - a consistent color vs a busy floor with different colors and lots of interesting graining.

As an FYI, I will get mine from WFI because long lengths are important to me. Even more so with rosewood where each board will stand out.

I have Braz Cherry in my kitchen witha sliding glass door, and there is definitely fading from the sun as compared to the rest of the room. However it does have a very even look, it is just lighter closer to the floor.