Amish made hardwood

It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 9:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Stair installation problem
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:25 pm 
New User

I have just recently installed engineered flooring in my house about 1600 Sq Ft. no real problems with installation except Glue down is not fun or clean. The only problem I have is on the stair installation I have 2 steps that I am having a problem with. On all the steps I cleaned them up then because of concerns with nail holes and alot of dried paint and drywall mud I took 3/8 inch finished plywood and glued and screwed this to square and clead everything up. when I was done all the steps were square, clean and solid.
On the 2 steps I am having a problem with it seems that the new flooring is bowed in the middle of each step ( if you can picture a bowl but not that pronounced) it is all glued and holding so there is no noises or anything of that nature it is not tremendously pronounced but I am slightly fixated on making this as perfect as I can. My question is do I need to remove these 2 steps (which would be a major pain) or is there a way that I can inject somthing like glue from a repair kit to aleviate this. My concern down the road is that the glue bond may break and I would have to fix it at that time.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Jim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:20 pm 
Prized Contributor

The 2x12 use to frame the steps was cupped. I just had to deal with 2 long 12 foot steps like that.