Amish made hardwood

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Stanley Bostitch MIIIFS flooring stapler for sale
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 3:44 pm 
Newbie Contributor

I bought a brand-new MIIIFS for my DIY floor project and am ready to sell it. For those unfamiliar with this tool, it is perfect for nail-down installations of solid flooring in 3/4" and 1/2" thicknesses. I think it might be adaptable to other thicknesses by shimming the shoe, but it's not meant for stapling thin engineered stuff.

I have seen these going for $350 and more on eBay, often looking like they have been through a war, missing handles or mallets, etc. I opted to buy new rather than take the risk of getting a junker on eBay. I purchased the tool from Amazon.com ($470) in November, and I used it to install less than 400 sqft of 3/4" Brazilian Cherry in my home.

This is your chance to save big money over new on a tool that is as good as new, and if you are a DIYer like me you can probably turn around and sell it for what you paid, since I have already taken the depreciation from new. Check eBay for yourself, these things sell very easily.

You can see from the photo the tool is like new, and includes everything that came with it. I will ship it in the original box. I also have slightly more than half of the 5000 2" staples that I bought for my project ($55) that I will throw in.

If you are interested, please contact me at gschiff@yahoo.com to make an offer. I will eBay it if necessary, but I wanted to make the offer here first, since this is exactly the kind of buy I tried in vain to find when I was starting my own project, and I thought there might be other DIYers out there seeking the same thing.

- Garrett in San Diego

Amish made hardwood

Post subject: Stapler is sold
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 9:26 am 
Newbie Contributor

The stapler has been sold to another forum reader.

Thanks,
Garrett in San Diego

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 1:02 pm 
Do you mind telling us how much? I see them all over ebay. I think who ever is selling them there has another person bid them high to keep the price up. It seems they are all the same price give ot take ten bucks.

Post subject: Price
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:17 pm 
Newbie Contributor

I took $350 for it. Seemed to me to be a fair deal... I ate $130 from what I paid new, but then again that's a cheap "rental", considering I did my project with a brand-new tool and got to take all the time I needed. You pros talk about installing 400 sqft in a day... well it took me two weeks worth of evenings and weekends to do 400 sqft!

And I think it's a superb deal for the buyer, since he is getting a barely-used new tool, and after his project I have no doubt he can turn it around and sell it for the same $350, maybe even more if he wants to Ebay it or hold out for a bidding war. I didn't want to do either, I already got my money's worth out of it, and just wanted to "pass it on".

- Garrett in San Diego

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 1:29 pm 
I suppose thats a good price. Its about what every used one goes for on ebay.