Amish made hardwood

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Tiny bumps?? - professionally finished !!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:08 pm 
New User

Hi ! I could really use some help! I just had brand new hardfloors installed by a professional company. They had put two coats of stain on, and two coats of oil based polyurethane on. They waited 24 hours in between each coating. I now have THOUSANDS of bumps all over the floor. When I called to complain, they told me it was my fault because I am installing hardwood floor in March and you need to install hardwood floors in the summer to avoid this. They also claimed that it was my fault that I choose oil based, because this always happens with oil based. I know many people who have oil based and their floors are not like this. I feel like they are trying to take advantage of me, and simply don't want to fix their mistake! I would appreciate any help or insight of these bumps are normal. Thank you !!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Tiny bumps?? - professionally finished !!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:31 pm 
Prized Contributor

The stain and finish would have cured more completely in warm or hot weather. A second coat of stain will extend the hardening time required before the first coat of finish should be installed. It always takes longer for two coats of stain to harden if an oil based stain was used. During cool weather more patience is required to get "the most important part" of the job done without a problem.
The contractor needs to provide a smooth floor. It may only take some more hardening time and then another coat of finish after the first four coats of finish have had a chance to cure.

Profile E-mail