Amish made hardwood

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:20 pm 
Worthy Contributor

Floorguy wrote:
Ray you have 10 cartons to work from, You open 5 to get started with a variety. You go grab a couple of more as the work progesses, to get them into the mix. You grab the last 3 and open them and the entire contents of the last 3 boxes is all shorts. I've had this happen on more then one occasion, with a certain"B" manufacturer.

Me too ... If the direction and floor plan allow for it, I will try to install up to, but not into, any hall and bedroom closets and back-fill them dead last to use up the shorts. Not a cure-all but a handy tip.

Customer expectations can seemingly never get discussed up front enough. IMO If the installer cared about the customer, I'm sure he could have communicated the discovered delimma with them and they may have chosen to await replacement flooring and patiently deal with the inconvenience of a delay smack dab in the middle of the job, rather than have a permanent eye-sore.
A little pride in your chosen profession and a little care for someones home goes a long way.

In order to achieve what the competition cannot grasp, we must complete what they will not attempt. Nobody ever said it would be easy, but it's darn sure worth it.

Profile E-mail